Eye Surgical Associates has been serving the ophthalmology needs of the Lincoln, Nebraska community since 1940. It is the oldest and largest ophthalmology practice in the region. While it has expanded considerably since the 1940s, Eye Surgical Associates has always stayed true to its family roots, and today, the son and grandson of founding ophthalmologist Dr. Maynard Wood continue to help keep the practice on the forefront of modern ophthalmology care.
Dr. Maynard Wood started the practice in 1940. At the time, he was the first residency-trained ophthalmologist to practice in Lincoln. His son, Dr. Larry Wood, joined the practice in 1973. In 1979, Dr. Max Linder came on board, and the practice was renamed Eye Surgical Associates.